- This event has passed.
Men’s Olympic Triathlon Event
Celebrate & Enjoy Our Sport
Before cheering Manitoba’s Top Triathlete on the Biggest Stage!!
Birds Hill Park has long served as a hub for triathlon in Manitoba, hosting the 1999 Pan Am Games, the 2017 Canada Games, countless local events and workouts. On July 25th, we invite you to join us in the Park as we cheer Manitoba’s most successful triathlete Tyler Mislawchuk in the Olympic Triathlon Event.
The Tokyo Olympic Games have scheduled the Men’s Triathlon event for Monday, July 26th at 6:30am Tokyo time… which is 4:30pm on Sunday, July 25th in Manitoba.
Here’s the plan:
- Come to Birds Hill Park for an afternoon of swimming, biking and/or running of your choice
- Join us at the Winnipeg Folk Festival parking area from 4:00 onwards, as race coverage begins
- Parking attendants will assign you a parking spot, which will ensure we abide by all provincial health orders
- TriMB will rent several large screen TVs and sound system to ensure everyone has a good seat for the show
- Watch the World’s best at their best and cheer Tyler towards Olympic success
We will have food from Willy Dogs on-site and bathroom facilities available as well, but you’re certainly welcome to bring food and drink of your own if you wish, and we’d recommend camp chairs or blankets too. We can’t allow alcoholic beverages, as our insurance doesn’t provide such coverage.
PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY to manage event numbers under PHOs
Entry cost is $5 per person – limited to 150 people, with no additional processing fees or taxes – we wanted to make it as accessible to everyone as we could, while still tracking registration through CCN to ensure our event complies fully with Provincial Public Health Orders and allows safe distancing so everyone registered can fully enjoy the event.
Hope to see you there to celebrate our sport and cheer what could be the biggest moment in our history!