As of December 6, 2021, youth aged 12 to 17 years attending indoor sport and recreational facilities must provide proof that they have received:
- at least one dose of an approved vaccine, or
- proof of a pharmacist-confirmed negative result from an approved rapid antigen test, from within the 72 hours before participation
The Manitoba government has prepared guidance for facility operators, sports organizations, and schools to ensure they are in compliance with the public health orders.
Information on proof of vaccination, the scope of the orders, and how to collect and manage personal health information can be found HERE, with an additional Fact Sheet available for download to help answer questions for parents and teams.
Recreation Manitoba has complied additional resources for sport on its website:
- Sample of a negative rapid antigen test from a pharmacy
- Sample of proof of a single dose record from Shared Health website
- A reference guide downloadable Word Document for COVID-19 screeners
If you have any further questions about these orders or how they affect your young athletes, please contact us at the office.